Automation setup for the photochemical/thermal synthesis of radiopharmaceuticals
This project has been secured to protect intellectual property.Login for More Information
Design a device that will automate the synthesis of radiopharmaceuticals in a more efficient and less error-prone way than by hand.
Such a device should be able to automate the process of synthesizing a radiopharmaceutical, down to the agitation and elution of the solution while it is being either photolysed with LEDs or heated with a heating jacket, and then finally filter out the final product while separating the byproduct.
- Emily Hutsell - Co-Team Leader
- Ethan Mendenhall - Co-Team Leader
- Alice Hegeman - Communicator
- Logan Nicoll - BSAC
- James Waldenberger - BWIG
- James Briggs - BPAG
Advisor and Client
- Prof. Justin Williams - Advisor
- Prof. Eszter Boros - Client
- Dr. Dariusz Smilowicz - Alternate Contact
- Spring 2024: Automation setup for the photochemical or thermal synthesis of radiopharmaceuticals
- Fall 2023: Automation setup for the photochemical/thermal synthesis of radiopharmaceuticals